This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our view and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Paul Williams. I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
If you either subscribe online or sign up in the shop, we may collect the following:
- Any personal information you knowingly provide to us through forms and email such as name and email address.
- Relevant information such as preferences and feedback
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may ask you for information when reporting a problem with our website
- Your IP address, operating system and browser type are recorded by our web server. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual
- We may obtain information about your general usage of our website using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or device. These are placed on your computer or device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org,
What we do with the information we gather
We may collect and process this information about you:
- For internal record keeping
- To communicate with you – to periodically send information regarding the seasonal changes to the meat we have on sale, details of the cheeses we currently have an offer and lots of new recipe ideas using the email address you have provided.
- For administrative purposes
- To improve our products and services
Third parties will not be able to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Controlling your personal information
Bramptons recognises and acts on the eight rights individuals have around their data.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link, and your details will be removed from our database.
We keep your personal data no longer than reasonably necessary. All personal information will be treated as strictly confidential. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedure and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
If you believe that any information is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible using this contact form. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.